Wednesday, March 14, 2012

chocolate cake

For Matt's birthday, we had a lot going on, so we decided to wait one night and celebrate then. Well, it was well worth the wait, this cake turned out so delicious!



I've been wanting to try several mini cakes to make a layer cake, so I found this strange little 5" pan and went to work. I did 3 layers, mostly because with only 5" across, it starts to get pretty wobbly. I made extra frosting so it would look pretty even on the inside. We were both very pleased!










What's your favorite cake to bake? Do you always use the same recipe? For the cake I used the yellow layer cake recipe from Smitten Kitchen. To be honest, its a little eggy for me, sort of turns out with a bit of a cornbread texture, but anything covered in chocolate buttercream frosting I can choke down.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your nice comment today!