Thursday, December 22, 2011

holiday freedom + roadtrip & family

(matt just texted me that as a little encouragement, and now its my post title, isn't he a gem?)

Its official, Christmas vacation starts in 1 hour!! We stayed up late last night in a packing/wrapping frenzy - running around trying to get everything in order. My poor husband, I have been texting him reminders all day... I'm sure he hasn't gotten anything of his own accomplished! But it will all be worth it when we're on the road, ipod turned up, and smiles on our faces. We love road trips, and this one is so sweet with brothers and little nephews waiting for us! I love getting this time to spend with my parents, and Matt's parents. We are so fortunate that our parents are still driving distance, even if 5 hours does seem like an eternity when you just know your mom is there just waiting to hug you, and your brothers kids will probably be dozing to sleep by the time you pull up, and who knows what else could be going on while you're just driving mindlessly for hours up I-95!? But really, we love road trips. :)



Are you traveling this holiday? How long is the commute for you?



(image via googlemaps)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your nice comment today!