Thursday, January 19, 2012

bakin' it!

Sometimes we like to have a little fun in our kitchen, mostly on weekends when we have time to clean up afterwards, and its usually something really good. Or thats the plan anyway. Here are a few treats we've been baking up recently...  


I had never made buckeyes before, and Matt had never had one before! I thought they would be pretty easy since you don't bake them, and there's not a lot of mixing required (still saving up for a coveted kitcheaid). I some how didn't think of the dipping part, not that it was hard, just really hot.


I just stuck a 5cup glass measuring cup into a pot of boiling water and stirred and added milk until the chocolate melted. Not hard, but kind of annoying really. Once it was finally thin enough to dip, I did, hot steam and all. It got a little tricky since toothpicks are pretty short, and wanted to slip out sometimes. In hindsight, I realized I should have used my fondue pot, duh! Next time. 






 The recipe ended up making double what it said it would, but it worked out to share on New Years! Aren't they cute?




We love making these biscuits on Saturdays, they are so easy, there's only like 4 ingredients, hardly require any prep time, and bake in 15 mins! I got the recipe from a Real Simple magazine forever ago, love it. (i'm sure if you google 'real simple drop biscuits' these would come up)



Blending the cold butter and flour used to be such a hassle without a pastry knife, but since I got one for Christmas it was so so much easier! Thanks mom!!










My favorite thing of all time to bake is cupcakes. They are cute, little, fun and so good. We had some friends over last minute the other night, so I whipped these up. They are chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting.







Because we mixed the frosting by hand it got pretty soft, so they look a bit droopy. But thankfully that didn't effect the flavor, they were so pepperminty!

Any good recipes we should try? We're always up for something new and tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN i want all of this right now :(
    You should post everything you bake os i can took at the photos lol
    i cant believe luke and i missed matt's first buckeye! THEY'RE SOOO GOOD!
    and did i tell you that peanut butter here is apparently horrible?! i dont know what we're going to do...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your nice comment today!